2014 has been the best year of running that I’ve had so far in my life. The year started off great, I had a few blowups in races while dealing with injuries in the middle, but I feel that I was able to rally in the end of the year and put together a very solid string of races. Between October 18th and December 13th I raced (1) Trail 50 Miler, (1) Trail Marathon, and (2) 50K’s. Below is a breakdown of some of the highlights and stats from my year in running.
Races & Results:
- The Cowtown Ultra 50K: 3:37:37 (4th)
- American River 50M: 8:08:49 (45th)
- Palo Duro Trail 50M: 7:23:43 (3rd)
- Rockledge Rumble 50K: 4:11:28 (2nd)
- Big Cedar 50K: 5:15:07 (1st) *Mud Fest*
- Brazos Bend Trail Marathon: 3:00:16 (1st)
Year of Firsts:
- 1st Road 50K / 1st Trail 50K
- 1st Trail 50 Miler
- 1st Marathon Ever (Trail)
- 3,083.6 Miles
- Peak Week: 104.8 Miles
- Low Week: 9.4 Miles
- 8.44 Miles Per Day
- 561 Runs
- 80,000 Feet Elevation Gain
- 5 Weeks Out With Injury
Running Routes of 2014 – Credit: MadeWithSisu.com
Current 2015 Schedule:
- Bandera 25K, January 10th
- Way Too Cool 50K, March 7th
- Zion 100K, April 10-11th
- Marathon: TBD
- 100 Miler: TBD
2015 Running Goals:
- Complete my first 100K.
- Complete my first 100 Miler.
- Run my second Marathon, first on road, sub 2:50.
- More vertical in training.
- Learn to run smarter and avoid injuries.
- More destination races and travel to access trails.
- Consistently podium at races.
- Establish myself more in the scene of ultra/trail running and pick up a sponsor that shares my goals/vision.
- Enjoy the journey!
Here’s to hoping that my year of running in 2015 far exceeds the enjoyment and success I had in 2014. Happy New Year to all!
- What are your running goals for 2015?
- Will you be taking on a distance for the first time?
- What races have you already signed up for or planning to sign up for in the near future?
- Any suggestions for fast Marathons and awesome 100 Mile races?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Let me know your running resolutions!