Boxtera is a company that provides healthy snacking alternatives. Whether you’re looking to kick start a new diet or just eat healthy in general, they have something for you. Their monthly membership ranges from orders of 5 to 20 pouches of snacks that are delivered right to your door. This eliminates the need to spend the time hunting down these healthy alternatives and saves you the hassle of making your healthy decisions, Boxtera takes that responsibility and provides you with a perfect gourmet selection.
I’ve never ordered from a monthly meal/food service before so this was an interesting first. I decided to opt for the 5 pouch selection to try things out. I ordered on Friday and was surprised when my first Boxtera box arrived so quickly, coming in on Monday! I’m in taper mode right now, with the Big Cedar 50K coming up this weekend, so it’s the perfect time for me to have some healthy food options laying around!
The box came with some pretty cool personality, along with some neat and unique snack foods. This month’s box included Sea Salt Sesame Sticks, Acai Coconut Bites, Raw Nut Tropical Mix, Chana Char Garam, and Sunshine Delight Trail Mix. These options provided a great diversity of snacks that range from things I eat on a normal basis to ones that I would never venture to try on my own. In this way, Boxtera helps you explore your taste limits and test new types of food.
- Sea Salt Sesame Sticks: These were great. I’ve had them in the past from other companies, but I have to say that Boxtera’s were top notch. I’m trying to eat cleaner and healthier this week prior to my upcoming 50K, so I added these to my salad at lunch for some crunch and extra taste. Needless to say, they were awesome.
- Acai Coconut Bites: I’m a fan of everything coconut so I was sold on the idea of these even before I tried the first one. The fact that I loved these is evidenced by the empty bag that they came. Outside of their monthly service, Boxtera also offers a selection of snacks in their market. I may be placing an order for these in the near future.
- Raw Nut Tropical Mix: This was probably my favorite snack. I eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning after my morning run. I always throw in some raisins, nuts, and other fruit. The day after I got my box, I mixed some of this mix into my oatmeal and it was the perfect combination. I’m already looking forward to having some more of this mix with tomorrow’s breakfast!
- Chana Char Garam: This is the only item that I was hesitant about. It is described as, “Flattened and seasoned chickpeas, the perfect little taste of India in a crunchy handful. Spicy and delightful.” I enjoy chickpeas, but I can’t really deal with spicy, but I decided to give them a try. I was surprisingly pleased with their taste and the fact that the spice was very minimal. This healthy snack is one that I would never have gravitated to on my own will, so thanks to Boxtera for opening my eyes to this new food item!
- Sunshine Delight: This is another great item. The mix includes raw sunflower seeds, roasted peanuts, almonds, dark/golden raisins, cashews, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, brazil nuts and dates. I was very pleased with this one since I can use this snack with my oatmeal once I run out of the Raw Nut Tropical Mix. It’s also a great snack for that time between lunch and dinner where you start to get hungry and also a healthy post-run recovery option.
Overall, I was very pleased with my first Boxtera Box and I look forward to seeing what’s up next!
Learn more about Boxtera
Tweet with them.
Follow them on Facebook.