I recently went to Studio Movie Grill here in Dallas to see the new Superman movie. While I was there I ordered coconut chicken fingers and they were amazing! Afterwards, I went online to see if I could find a recipe for a non-fried coconut chicken dish, but the majority of the recipes I found were coconut chicken curry. I took a few elements from a few different recipes I found in order to make my own. After cooking it and trying it, I found it to be exactly what I was expecting, great! Try this recipe out and let me know what you think. Feel free to share any additions or changes you’ve made in the comments!
RECIPE MAKES ONE SERVING–CONTAINS ROUGHLY 555 CALORIES.
2/3 Cup Coconut Milk ($.70)
1/2 Serving Coconut Flakes ($.12)
1 Serving Whole Wheat Pasta ($.25)
1 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast ($.99)
1 Tsp Lemon Juice ($.06)
1/4 Tsp Chilli Powder, Ground Ginger, Salt, and Black Pepper
Pam Or Other Cooking Spray
- Defrost the chicken overnight or run under hot water until fully defrosted. Cut the chicken breast into cubes.
- Pour 1/3 cup of coconut milk into a dish or bowl and place the cubed chicken into the container, making sure to coat each piece. Set the container to the side and allow it to sit for half an hour.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions (8-10 minutes), drain, toss with salt and pepper and set to the side.
- Turn the stove top on to medium-high heat. Drain the excess coconut milk from the chicken, spray your frying pan with your cooking spray and add the chicken. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping occasionally to make sure that the chicken is entirely cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, add your pasta to the pan, the remaining 1/3 cup of coconut milk (add extra if you prefer the dish to be creamier), and the lemon juice and spices.
- Mix the ingredients together and allow the dish to cook for 2-3 minutes until it reaches the consistency that you prefer.
- Plate your dish and sprinkle the coconut shavings on top and enjoy!